Sunday, June 24, 2012

Genesis (12.iv.1975, Townsville)

Written for the Pimlico State High School film “Under the Summer Sun”.
Freedom! I am alive to enjoy the world,
alone to bask in its sunlit glory,
for each and every one life is special;
as the wind blowing over the grass bends
each stem differently.

I am me, I am no other,
and being so my oneness is unity,
and in unity there is no end,
so then I delight in walking alone in my world.

I am the wind, bending the grass,
soaring free to rustle the leaves of the trees;
I am the clouds, lazing dreamily
under the summer sun;
I am as the horse,
galloping amongst the green pastures of being,
secure in the love of my master.

Then, I am lost - the light has gone;
where are the joys I held and their beauty?
Gone, spoilt, as if a rose were to crumble to dust.

I must despair,
for there is no sun to light the day;
an eternal darkness covers the world;
there is no hope – its kindling fire has died out.

Perhaps I see a dim light at the end of the tunnel of darkness,
the future comes untouched by the sorrow of the past,
people in their frailty of body have a strength of mind,
a faith to make you live again,
they are there when you need their presence to support;

I am no longer blind to see:
the past is gone;
the future comes;
let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment