Friday, July 6, 2012

Presence d'espirit (28.iv.1975, Townsville)

Mists of time on unknown miles,
silver moon, quintessent dusk,
memories of fruitfulness do not crumble into dust
but live alive to quicken still,
broodingly expectant as I am not alone.

Ever present, I stand in your shadow,
for miles apart can no more tear you from me than can time,
for thou art part of me
and being so can never be taken away
any more than the elusive darkness
can be separated from night
nor light the day.

So let it be
that thou art with me
all the days through trial and peril
and softened sunsets on a peaceful world;
and as the wind bends saplings to make them strong,
be my strength
and guard my days with your fire of life,
a quiet burning within
which seeks not to change
but to reforge the old to make it new.

Even though days may pass in endless succession
rushing blindly into what will come,
taking with them all our insecurities and fears
and knotting then into forebodings and portents,
I will not heed their latent misery,
for more than ever I am free
as within me there is the indestructible,
that which cannot be confined,
either by man's hand or his word,
being part of the infinite.

It is ever restless,
yet a bringer of peace within.
I need never fear the darkness,
for even then you are a candle
with an unquenchable flame
which burns brightly at my side,
impossible to extinguish.

Burn on ever light
so that the void beyond
will touch me not,
and that I may dwell forever
filled with your spirit,
at your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment